I have been away.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 8:36 AM, Ian Booth <ian.bo...@canonical.com> wrote:
> Yep, and we already want to do this for Windows compiles anyway. When I say
> want
> to, I mean we've already agreed that it should be done. So adding an extra
> compile step for gccgo should be done also.
>
> On 29/08/14 21:36, John Meinel wrote:
>> I think the bot could be taught to at least compile all the tests under
>> gccgo (with go test -compiler=gcc -c). That would at least let us detect
>> compile failures.

I think we want git-merge-juju to exercise multiple compilation
targets. We want to replace the lts-armd64 smoke-test with a more
rigorous set of runs with compilers and OSes:
    precise amd64 golang
    trusty i386 goland
    trusty amd64 golang
    trusty ppc64el gccgo
    win amd64 golang
by setting
    GOOS
    GOARCH
    -compiler

If you want to do more (run tests) then just move the CI unit-test
jobs into git-merge-juju responsibility and accept longer merge times.

Also, we don't cross-compile. Everything that is released is native
compiled, so CI tests that scenario. I am happy to add
cross-compilation to flag bad changes early, but we will continue to
test packages based on what will be released.

--
Curtis Hovey
Canonical Cloud Development and Operations