On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 4:14 PM, John Meinel <j...@arbash-meinel.com> wrote:

> I don't think these are from authentication between mongo instances.

Agreed, looks like the machine-0 jujud connecting over and over again.
Perhaps the agent is unhappy and is bouncing.

> This looks more like a Mongo 2.4 vs 2.6 difference. We added stuff like
> "clusterAdmin" to priviledges that we give because of 2.6 support (I
> thought).. But if 2.4 doesn't know anything about "clusterAdmin" then
> whenever we log in, it goes through the list of roles and noisily ignores
> some of them.

clusterAdmin is for replica sets, and is applicable to 2.4. In particular,
in grants replSetInitiate. I went through and removed the extraneous stuff
when I did the 2.6 support updates.
See http://docs.mongodb.org/v2.4/reference/user-privileges/

Presumably the real fix is to only give roles that are 2.6 specific when we