So I did get "rbt post" to work with "rbt post -r 54 --parent=REVID", I had
to be careful because my actual parent branch *didn't* merge the current
tip of master but the one I was proposing had.
So instead I ended up rebasing both commits, and then specifying the PARENT
as the specific rebased commit revision id.

Launchpad had a place to record a prerequisite branch, which I'm sure is
what lbox was using. Launchpad also computed the diff by starting with
"master" merging the prerequisite branch into it, and then your diff was
the diff of merging your branch into the combined diff. Which meant it
handled all these side cases where your branch merges more of master than
your parent branch, etc.

John
=:->