Yes, the issue happens with both local and cs: charms, but the fix
which just landed on trunk (and I'm backporting it for 1.20 as well):
https://github.com/juju/juju/pull/786

Not sure if a backport for 1.18 is needed (are we still releasing 1.18
updates, as it's in trusty?).

Cheers,
Dimiter

On 18.09.2014 13:02, Nate Finch wrote:
> Well, I could reproduce it with a charm from the charm store, so
> it's not just local charms.  juju deploy cs:~natefinch/testcharm
>
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 5:02 AM, John Meinel
> <j...@arbash-meinel.com <mailto:j...@arbash-meinel.com>> wrote:
>

> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 12:16 AM, Nate Finch
> <nate.fi...@canonical.com <mailto:nate.fi...@canonical.com>>
> wrote:
>
> First one is a big problem for IS, second one is a CI blocker. I
> got a good start on the first one, but have run out of time before
> I could finish it.  It's easily reproducible, at least.
>
> *not okForStorage error when deploying local charm *
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1308146
>

> So it used to be that Client.Deploy didn't support local charms,
> when we added support for that, another thing we added was sort of
> a "charm store light" so that the GUI could interrogate for
> information about local charms (icon, etc). That code isn't doing
> the escaping it should have done, and Dimiter is working on it.
>
> That's why it only effects local charms.
>
> John =:->

- --
Dimiter Naydenov <dimiter.nayde...@canonical.com>
juju-core team