So Bogdan Teleaga was kind enough to put in the effort to move all of our
source trees to start importing from "gopkg.in/check.v1" rather than
depending on "labix.org/gocheck".

However, this means that if we land those changes, code that depends on the
testing infrastructure provided by those packages will break because a
labix.org/gocheck.Suite is not a gopkg.in/check.v1.Suite.
And even further, Checkers are different (so we have to update
github.com/juju/testing/checkers/ before other code.)

Since we're doing "versioned stable APIs" I'm wondering if this means
things need a version bump. I *think* the answer is yes, because if you
just did:
  go get gopkg.in/juju/charm.v3

Before the change, you could run "cd github.com/juju/juju; go test ./..."
but if we change just charm.v3 but not juju/juju then "go test ./..." just
breaks.
Thus, changing your testing infrastructure while it doesn't change your API
it changes your *test interface* which makes it an unstable API break.

And we have the unfortunate process that *all* of our code is tested via
'gocheck' which means that we have to update-the-world to rev its import.

Certainly I'd rather not do the work if we don't have to, so I'd like other
people's input if we feel we have to.

John
=:->