On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 4:59 AM, Vasiliy Tolstov <v.tols...@selfip.ru>
wrote:

> >:
> > we're trying to make providers easier to right, currently we use provider
> > object-storage, but a number of low cost providers don't have it and it
> > complicates writing a provider (ie. no all openstack installs have object
> > storage either), obviating the need by making juju handle its own very
> > limited need object storage needs makes things a bit simpler. most charms
> > are fairly small minus those that bundle binaries.
>

> Hm, as i see some charms have deb packages inside it =(...
> Does it possible to have option not preallocate data, but specify
> minimum and maximum storage use and grow on demand?

It is possible, but difficult, to resize a replica set oplog after it is
allocated. Due to the difficulty it is more likely to be error-prone, so we
have avoided doing that.

For 64-bit Linux systems, the minimum is 512M. We could make this
configurable, but you would be stuck with whatever you configure it to -
there will be no resizing.

Cheers,
Andrew