> Based on what we're seeing in CI, I'm thinking there are 3 things at play
> here:
>
> 1. The new networker wasn't playing well with the way the network
> configuration files are set up in Joyent images. Dimiter has disabled the
> networker on Joyent for now, increasing the chance of success for 1.21 and
> master.
>
> 2. As discussed throughout this thread, instances can end up on different
> internal networks. This is a Joyent issue which can affect any Juju
> release. It's just up to chance whether the tests will pass on Joyent in CI
> - if one of  instances that is assigned isn't on the same internal network
> as the others the test run will fail. Adding a static route for 10.0.0.0/8
> should fix this.

The merge for this just completed.

> 3. Some other issue, yet to be determined, is preventing the Joyent tests
> from passing on master only. I will start investigating this once the
> static route is being added automatically.

Looking more closely at the joyent-deploy-trusty-amd64 job you can see that
there is actually 2 reasons for it failing. Sometimes bootstrap fails and
that is clearly because of the routing issue (#2 above, should now be
fixed).

Sometimes bootstrap succeeds, but the "juju deploy ... local:dummy-source"
command fails with a non-zero exit. Based on the log output it looks like
the API connection gets terminated unexpectedly. This might indicate a
panic while handling the API request. Unfortunately the logs that are saved
with the test failure stop well before bootstrap has completed so we have
little to go off.

I haven't been able to make the problem happen when manually copying what
the test does from my own machine. This might require use of the actual
test CI infrastructure to reproduce.

I've created another ticket to track this issue:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1402495

I'm guessing CI will remain blocked until until this is fixed so someone
will need to continue with this since I'm about to EOD.

- Menno