On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Eric Snow <eric.s...@canonical.com> wrote:
> In the case of GCE, I'd rather keep the human-readable instance ID the
> same.  To make that work, we'd store the env UUID in the instance
> metadata and make the implementation of environ.Instances (and
> AllInstances) check that, in addition to matching against the env
> name.  See any problems with that?

Wayne just pointed out that we would still end up with a problem due
the name colliding when creating the new instance.  So having the UUID
in the name is still the better way to go.  Furthermore, Wayne also
noted that having the UUID in the instance ID would make folks more
cautious about directly messing around with the instance. :)

-eric