On 12 March 2015 at 14:23, Gustavo Niemeyer <gust...@niemeyer.net> wrote:
> The core state (The State) is the one case where it doesn't matter,
> IMO. Everybody knows what it is. It's the other dozen that create the
> issue, and they will remain as ambiguous if you just rename the one
> State.

The majority of those (17/20) are client-side proxies for The State.

Perhaps they could all be renamed "StateProxy" - that wouldn't be bad.

But when you're writing code that uses the type, the semantics won't be
too different whether you're invoking an operation over the network or
not (with the exception of additional possible network failure modes of
course, which largely still exist even in the non-proxied State type
because we're talking over the network to mongodb), so I still think
that State makes sense for those types.