TL;DR:

A lot of the spam is necessary to diagnose when simplestreams look up fails, or
you get the wrong tools. In such cases, it's extremely useful to see where the
search path has looked. This was especially the case in the early days when
published tools and associated metadata sometimes were wrong, or signed json
metadata wasn't always there etc. That was also a time before we had the various
validate utilities which could be used to show from where tools would be
selected.

Now that simplestreams issues are the exception rather than the norm, and we
have configurable logging (without which we could not get suitable debug info),
it is a fine time to reduce the logging level to trace.