On 6 May 2015 at 06:49, Lauri Ojansivu <x...@xet7.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> today at Ubuntu Developer Summit:
> http://summit.ubuntu.com/uos-1505/meeting/22437/juju-share-and-juju-sos/
>
> Speakers talked about changing all logging to go to MongoDB, so I asked
> question at IRC:
> <xet7> Would it be possible to use some different database than MongoDB
> for logs, because of current problems in MongoDB ?
> https://aphyr.com/posts/322-call-me-maybe-mongodb-stale-reads

It is more likely that Juju will grow the ability to send logs to external
log services using the syslog protocol (and perhaps others). You could use
this to log to your own log aggregator or database. This feature has been
discussed but hasn't been planned in any detail yet (pull requests would be
most welcome!).

The changes currently being made to Juju to support logging to MongoDB also
lay the groundwork for logging to external services. This should land in
the coming weeks.

- Menno