On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 11:35 AM Mark Shuttleworth <m...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On 27/11/15 16:21, Aaron Bentley wrote:
>
> It's dependent on what compiler was used to create the jujud binary.
> AIUI, the Ubuntu policy is that nothing goes into a distroseries which
> cannot be compiled with the tools in that distroseries.  Thus the
> jujud for Trusty is compiled with the version of Go provided by that
> platform.
>

> My understanding is that a Go 1.5 backport to Trusty is part of the
> current cycle planned work.

Yes, the work for Go 1.5 into Trusty moves forward. For this alpha it's not
yet ready to provide the build so my understanding is that the alpha build
for Trusty is done with the current outdated tool chain. Once the Go
toolchain is updated for Trusty the builds released will be in order.

Aaron, please correct me if I'm mistaken there.