Howdy,

Occasionally I'll change a test, and some string equality test will fail
with a wall of text. Sometimes we shouldn't be checking the whole string,
but sometimes it's legitimate to do so, and it can be difficult/tedious to
spot the differences.

I've just written a checker which diffs the two string args, and colourises
the output. You may find it useful. I'm using red/green background, but I
also added bold for insertions, strike-through for deletions, in case
you're red/green colour blind. My terminal doesn't do strike-through, and
your's probably doesn't either. Anyway, the important thing is you can see
the difference between bits that are the same vs. insertions/deletions.

Code is at github.com/axw/fancycheck. Just replace
    c.Assert("x", gc.Equals, "y")
with
    c.Assert("x", fancycheck.StringEquals, "y")

Cheers,
Andrew