On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 10:12 PM, Eric Snow <eric.s...@canonical.com> wrote:

> Perhaps we should move the implementation of some providers over to
> the repos for the projects with which the providers interact (and then
> just import them in providers/all).  Then those providers would be
> more likely to stay up-to-date in the face of changes in the project,
> particularly backward-incompatible ones.  For example:
>
> * provider/maas -> github.com/juju/gomaasapi/maasprovider
> * provider/lxd -> github.com/lxc/lxd/lxdprovider
> * ...
>
> or something like that.  It's not a perfect solution nor a complete
> one, but it should help.

Is the intent to make it hard to change the library project without
updating the provider? I understand the impulse, but ISTM that this will
make it harder to work on those projects and not actually lead to any
better outcomes for juju. Ultimately, isn't it our job to keep up with
changes to the libraries we depend upon?

Cheers
William