On 27/03/2016, David Cheney <david.che...@canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I was told that the Go 1.6 tests were voting, so these bugs should be
> blocking bugs. Is this not the case ?

The tests are voting, and giving blesses, so no blocking bugs, but a
lot of the remaining issues are low-occurrence failures. Basically the
unit tests pass generally given the three attempts, but overall fail a
lot from a number of issues that all happen only occasionally.

For instance, bug 1553292:

<http://reports.vapour.ws/releases/issue/56c36c5b749a567aa9496178>

This is maybe ~5% chance of failing, but given the number of jobs now
using go 1.5+ that's still six failures in the last week.

We have enough issues like this that CI spends a lot more time
retesting on go 1.6 than we do on go 1.2 with the same unit tests.

Martin