Hi Stavros, definitely target Juju 2.0. It's soon to be released and great
changes some fundamentals of Juju in order to make it easier for users to
use. You'll be much happier following the development release for this
early project of yours. I'm a bit biased, but I also think that path 2, a
real provider, is best because it lets you leverage the tooling around Juju
that users come to expect to help them manage large deployments of big
software on the cloud. While the first path might work out, I think in the
long run you'll end up finding more work to make things work for your users
as smoothly as you will get with path #2.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and I can't wait to see
how it works out.