On 28 September 2016 at 14:55, Rick Harding <rick.hard...@canonical.com> wrote:
> This is just a miss. The original ability to see the plugins was a subset of
> the help command and didn't make our CLI spreadsheet for things to rework. I
> agree that list-plugins is the right idea here and that means that plugins
> becomes a noun in our language.
>
> What's interesting is that add/remove fall out because that
> installing/uninstalling. I think that show-plugin might be interesting to
> auto run the --description flag to bring it into CLI alignment with the new
> world order.

I've voiced discomfort with this before - I don't think that we should
arbitrarily run all executables that happen to have a "juju-" prefix.
It's potentially dangerous (for example, note that although git relies heavily
on plugins, it doesn't execute a plugin until you explicitly name it).

Perhaps there could be a standard way for a plugin to provide
metadata about itself as a data file.

  cheers,
    rog.