Yo me the question is, does systems allow this practice? Or at least does
it discourage it? If not this sounds a lot like a Maas bug that could
potentially bite them with different services.
I was not the one to write that code but I know it's written that way to
avoid the need to call on systemd reload (the actual name escapes me) when
we do changes on the script also it is shared between systemd and upstart.