On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 10:01 AM Anastasia Macmood <
anastasia.macm...@canonical.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> A quick update on what keeps us, Juju team, busy...
>
> This week the team has been busy with an important task of improving
> developer experience in addition to improving the product.
>
> Of course, we have continued highly desired work on persistent storage
> with this week's focus on storage import [1] as well non-destructive
> storage removal [2] aspects. This effort also led to identifying
> improvements in model destruction that are now under way.
>
> We have made considerable progress in improving actions' footprint with
> work that prunes action results periodically [3].
>
> As usual, with a week that follows a new release of Juju, we have
> provided support to our existing users upgrading to a newer release.
>
> In addition, to excite and expedite developer experience, the team has
> put in place an improved merge job! Now developers can with greater ease
> track running tests when merging code.
>
> This week, the team has also worked on increasing functional coverage
> for persistent storage, relations as well as model migration.
>
> Last but not least, in a "call for arms", we are working on enabling
> users to specify primary network on VSphere overwriting the default VM
> network specified in OVF files shipped with Ubuntu images [4]. The
> nature of VSphere deployments, and the variety of networking
> combinations that are useful in the production environments, means that
> we need a hand from Juju community to verify our current approach. If
> you are interested in the ability to specify network in your VSphere,
> try the patch [5] linked in the bug and reach out to us with your feedback!

I've just managed to track down a vCenter suitable for testing, but it only
has standard switches, and they're in use so can't be changed. I tested
with a distributed vswitch/portgroup with a disabled NIC (just to see that
the code would work). It would be great if someone could test with a
working distributed vswitch/porgroup. I don't think we need to block
releasing the fix on that, though.

Cheers,
Andrew

Quick links: