Hi guys,

I was looking for a way to extends the buildbot-master charm
to be able to add configuration chunks from an other charm or
a subordinate. For configuring the new OpenStack latent buildslave for
example:

http://docs.buildbot.net/current/manual/cfg-buildslaves.html?highlight=latent#openstack

The way I was going to propose was to add a buildbot-settings provider to
metadata.yaml file.
Charms will then use it to send configuration that would be injected a
"juju_settings" directory
in the buildbot install directory.

I would then add this python code at the end of the master.cfg file:

import imp
import glob
from os.path import abspath, dirname, join

PROJECT_DIR = abspath(dirname(__file__))

conffiles = glob.glob(join(PROJECT_DIR, 'juju_settings', '*.py'))

for f in conffiles:
    execfile(abspath(f))

The code sent by charms or subordinates would be in this form:

c['buildbotURL'] = "http://my_new_url_here";
c['builders'] += your_builder_code_here
c['schedulers'] += your_schedulers_code_here
etc

This is the pattern I used in the python-django charm to extend the
settings. So before
spreading the pattern, I would like to have your opinion.

Cheers,

Patrick