Also looking at the websocket code from go.net/websocket it looks like
all older versions of the protocol were dropped in Dec 2013.
Unfortunately, my go knowledge is limited and Im not sure how to tell
which version of the websocket library is being used. I see the
protocol version in the upstream code now as well:

ProtocolVersionHybi      = ProtocolVersionHybi13

Do the latest libraries like go.net/websocket get pulled in during each release?

--
[ Adam Stokes ]