This has been a focus of the charm audit that we have been performing.
Charms are getting flagged for a multitude of reasons that include:

   -  immutable configuration parameters
   -  ppa's that don't adopt trusty support
   -  general practices we would want to see changed.

 All these findings are getting filed in launchpad against the charm
flagged with the 'audit' tag.

If any of these bugs that are found in charms in the wild, I sincerely
encourage you to file a bug against the charm so the maintainer has an
opportunity to fix it, or properly respond to the situation where they/we
can address it. Either through documentation updates, or code
contributions. It's also a good practice to get and maintain a pulse check
with the charm author, to ensure we're keeping a vibrant and communicating
community.

As we move forward, there will be a focus on testing charms, and new charms
submitted without tests that exercise all parameters of a charm (and verify
they are not immutable, for example) would be sent back to the author to be
properly tested before inclusion to the store to help mitigate issues like
this.

I hope this helps clear some of the fog away from the current efforts to
ensure we are offering the highest of quality,as we grow the quantity of
charms in the store.