FWIW, I think the byArch did a plain sort.Strings() which happens to pick
amd64 because it is before all other in a typographical fashion. IIRC, it
may have mutated a lot over time because the sorting was blocking bootstrap
from working on ppc64 which was why it was removed. Also, on MaaS, MaaS
doesn't seem to actually be giving us what arches are available, which is
why every bootstrap gives a warning about "picking arbitrary tools", and we
have an open bug that just "juju bootstrap" on an all-ppc64 MaaS doesn't
work, you are required to specify the arch=ppc64 for it to work there.

John
=:->

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 12:33 PM, William Reade <william.re...@canonical.com