On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 8:22 AM, brian mullan <bmullan.m...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Jorge
>
> Would there be a possibility of doing a session on Juju in Local Provider
> mode using LXC.
>
> There is so much interest in containers today and I think it would be
> useful to show
> juju-gui deployed by juju into a container in local mode then start a
> "bundle" or some other such demo.
>
> Docker is a "hot" topic right now and I think its important to help people
> understand what Juju can do with containers.    I think what Juju is doing
> (and could do with LXC/Local Provider) in regards to
> "service" orchestration goes beyond what docker, chef, puppet, ansible etc
> can provide (or at least provide as easy as Juju).
>
> I personally would like to see the above but where a remote user could
> point a browser to the "host" and get the juju-gui (running in a
> container)...  as I've struggled to try to get nginx reverse-proxy working
> to do this and so far its only partially successful.

This should help for remote access to containers in a local provider or
remote provider via iptable port forwards, https://github.com/cmars/juju-nat

There's some work being done on directly integrating with containers
provider networking. Note on the maas provider containers are directly
available on the host network.

cheers,

Kapil