On 10.07.2014 15:32, Andrew Wilkins wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 9:06 AM, Abel Deuring
> <abel.deur...@canonical.com <mailto:abel.deur...@canonical.com>> wrote:
>
>     Recent versions of the Juju-Vagrant images (see
>     https://juju.ubuntu.com/docs/config-vagrant.html ) do not work after a
>     reboot because a script that is invoked to configure NAT has
>     difficulties to access the state server; the web server for
>     http://127.0.0.1:6080 (mention in the web page above), who also wants to
>     connect to the state server, fails quite often too.
>
>     Comparing MongoDB logs, Juju logs and logs from the script, it turns out
>     that the errors occur shortly after the mongo server is restarted.
>
>     More precisely, the mongo server is always started _three_ times when
>     the machine boots. Example log output:
>
>     machine-0: 2014-07-10 13:00:00 INFO juju.mongo mongo.go:147 Ensuring
>     mongo server is running; data directory /home/vagrant/.juju/local; port
>     37017
>     machine-0: 2014-07-10 13:00:06 INFO juju.mongo mongo.go:147 Ensuring
>     mongo server is running; data directory /home/vagrant/.juju/local; port
>     37017
>     machine-0: 2014-07-10 13:00:13 INFO juju.mongo mongo.go:147 Ensuring
>     mongo server is running; data directory /home/vagrant/.juju/local; port
>     37017
>
>     I have a workaround for the Vargant boxes nearly ready for this problem
>     (patiently try to query the server), but I'm wondering if it is
>     necessary to restart the server two times -- and I'm wondering if only
>     the Vagrant images are affected by this problem.
>

> Sounds like you're hitting https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1338511
> (Fixed on trunk and in 1.20.1)

I just ran apt-get update && apt-get upgrade in a Vagrant box to install
the new release 1.20.1, then rebooted the Vagrant box. I can still see
the three "Ensuring mongo server is running" messages. And the problems
of the "NAT setup script" and the server on 127.0.0.1:6080 to connect to
the the state server still persist :(

Abel