Juju will always try to access http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/releases
to get OS images unless it is configured to get OS imaged from
elsewhere

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 1:43 PM, Patrick O'Brien <pdobr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 'juju metadata validate-images' also fails with:
> ERROR index file has no data for cloud {RegionOne https://URL:8770/v2.0/}
> not found
> Resolve Metadata:
>   source: default cloud images
>   signed: false
>   indexURL: http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/releases/streams/v1/index.json
> ERROR subprocess encountered error code 1
>
> However 'juju metadata validate-tools' works:
> Matching Tools Versions:
> - 1.20.7-trusty-amd64
> - 1.20.7-trusty-arm64
> - 1.20.7-trusty-armhf
> - 1.20.7-trusty-i386
> - 1.20.7-trusty-ppc64el
> Resolve Metadata:
>   source: cloud storage
>   signed: false
>   indexURL:
> https://URL:6482/v1/2c1e5b83fb7b4ffdb43fa4196f2def8d/e5f00e2c5be94b3a89880aa14087fec6/tools/streams/v1/index.json
>
> I've verified that the metadata is in place and current on the object store.
>
> Images metadata: http://pastebin.com/9B8JnC5x
> Log from bootstrap node with debug enabled: http://pastebin.com/ffVc7pHE

I think you redacted the image-servers's url in this email and the the
pastebin. I see URL where I expect to see a domain. Can you confirm
that you set the image-metadata-url in environments.yaml to point to
the server and the path to the root of the streams? Something like
    image-metadata-url:
https:/my-private-cloud/:6482/v1/2c1e5b83fb7b4ffdb43fa4196f2def8d/e5f00e2c5be94b3a89880aa14087fec6/images

The output from the failed bootstrap shows your image metadata being
read and I can see two matches for images, but the switch to
/cloud-images.ubuntu.com implies juju didn't know how to retrieve
those images.

Also. In my experience with openstack. the endpoint/auth url must end
with a trailing slash. So this maybe redacted URL
    "endpoint": "https://<url>:8770/v2.0"
 would be written as
    "endpoint": "https://<url>:8770/v2.0/"
in the json
and then environments.yaml needs the corresponding config
    auth-url: https://<url>:8770/v2.0/
to complete the match.

--
Curtis Hovey
Canonical Cloud Development and Operations