Hi.
I have vps service that needs quickly provide vps to end users with
pre-created applications like hosting panels or cms.
Before that i have handmade chef-solo scripts that install some software.
But this way not work's well. Firstly because i maintain all the code.

Now i need to create not one vps but 2,3,4 with relations between each
other.
I see on juju and terraform (https://www.hashicorp.com/blog/terraform.html)
and thinks that it can provide me needed features. Basic usage - one vps
for all that need for application (for example for wordpress - mysql, php,
nginx, memcached...), but to provide for end user ability to grow/separate
services as needed.

I'm install vps from packer images (this provide 100% chance to install vps
and takes about 20-30 secs to deploy). But in case of juju - what is the
best way to deploy applications? Run juju on already created user vps, or i
can run juju and configure all applications inside packer and reconfigure
it then vps installed and running?

Also  as i see many charms hardcoded deps via apt-get install..... But what
platform supported? Ubuntu only or debian? How ca i deal if user wants to
get application on centos 7 ? I need to rewrite charm or i have some dsl
(like in chef) to install software based on running platform?

Thanks!

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,
e-mail: v.tols...@selfip.ru