On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 3:19 PM, Andrew Wilkins
<andrew.wilk...@canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi Sameer,
>
> The behaviour changed a few months ago to address a bug:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1353442
>
> Is this causing you problems, or were you just surprised/curious?

Hi Andrew. This did cause a bug in the elasticsearch charm recently
[1] - I'd not realised it was related to a juju change, but thought it
was just a difference on ec2, that the private-address was not an IP
address (I had only tested with local, canonistack and HP).

The reason it caused an issue was because we were using the
private-address as part of a firewall rule which required an IP
address. We've pushed a fix now, but is there a way to foresee this
kind of change in the future? Maybe for these changes which might
affect charms, we could trigger retests for some set of approved
charms across HP, ec2 etc.?

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+source/elasticsearch/+bug/1386664