re the delta from juju openstack driver to rackspace, the nutshell was a
slightly different auth mechanism for keystone (trivial) and no api for
network security groups (optional openstack extension).   fwiw, swift
originated at rackspace, so definitely have object storage and they do have
tenant exposed neutron network capabilities.