Hi Charmers!

As part of the Midonet charms, I'm targeting the neutron-api charm for
extension so that 'midonet' is a new kind of neutron-plugin to configure in
its config.yaml

In order to have the plugin write the data it should for the plugin I
submitted for review a patch[0] to charm-helpers that sets up the right
configuration context for neutron.

Then, to tackle the neutron-api side, I was unsure of which road to take,
so I took two of them :P

Config.yaml based approach[1]
===========================
This approach relies on the admin using some config.yaml when deploying
midonet-api and neutron-api that defines the same midonet-username,
midonet-api-host, etc. It feels a bit clunky but the integration will work
and it follows an already present model of plugin configuration pioneered
by the nsx plugin.

relation based approach[2]
===========================
This approach establishes a neutron-api interface relation between
neutron-api and midonet-api where midonet-api will set the necessary data
to the relation (including its own IP thanks to the implicit juju-info
interface).
It required the addition of a check and a helper function in the neutron
context generation, but it feels much cleaner and that it leverages more of
the power of juju.

I would really appreciate some feedback on the two approaches before I send
one for testing and review.

Best regards,

Toni

[0] https://code.launchpad.net/~celebdor/charm-helpers/midonet/+merge/253367