Hi Stephen, typically you shouldn't need to manually add nodes to MAAS. The
first time the nodes successfully PXE, they should appear in MAAS if the
connectivity is correct. If the nodes aren't able to PXE from MAAS, I think
that is the problem.

If you run 'dhcpdump' on the MAAS server, do you see the dhcp requests when
the nodes are PXEing?

Matt