Hi Eric,

I'm at pycon and I could give you a hand explaining Juju if you want. I'm
the author of the python-django charm and other python related charms.

I'll be around wearing a Juju t-shirt.

Patrick

Le jeudi 2 avril 2015, Michael Foord <michael.fo...@canonical.com> a écrit :

> On 29/03/15 07:08, Eric Snow wrote:
>
> Hey all,
>
> At the poster session (12 April) at PyCon 2015, I'll be presenting on
> Juju. [1] I'm excited to be sharing juju with folks in the Python
> community, particularly with the role that Python plays in dev ops as
> well as in Juju. The first draft of my poster (big: 120cm x 120cm) is
> pretty much done and I'd like to get some feedback.
>
> Please let me know what you think, what you like, and what I should
> fix. Keep in mind that I haven't worked too closely with the charm
> side of juju core and I've only written one simple charm myself. So
> it's likely I have missed something important and also have a few
> mistakes in there. I've attached a PDF and the ODG file is online.
> [2]
>
> Under "charm store" you should add "charms for many common pieces of
infrastructure" (or something similar but better worded), possibly listing
a few examples - especially openstack.

> The two geniuses of juju (to my mind) are the charm store (service
component deployment and configuration encapsulated in charms) and service
orchestration. That you can deploy many parts of your application stack and
have juju configure them, and *reconfigure* them, to talk to each other. In
my experience people haven't yet understood the power/utility of
orchestration. So if you can find a way to communicate and emphasise
orchestration that would be good...