Martin, Mark,

Thank you! That was indeed the problem - once I'd changed that entry to an IP
address (and fixed a couple of similar problems with my metadata files not
being accessible, where the error messages were much easier to diagnose from),
everything started working, and I've now successfully got my charms working on
my OpenStack environment.

Thanks again,
Rob