The context for hooks is not all the same either. What is available for a
given hook depends on what the hook itself does. I honestly see no
distinction between actions and hooks in practice, and I also don't see how
driving that distinction externally would benefit users. I would rather
point out that actions are just hooks that are executed when an action is
received by the unit. If that's wrong for some reason and there's a
relevant distinction, I'd still like to learn why.

--

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net