Hi Suchitra,

The first time you try to add a machine with the local provider (or adding
an LXC container in any provider), Juju will download the required LXC
image. Once that's done, it'll be updating packages with APT. If your
network speed is slow, this can take a while. This should be much improved
for subsequent machine additions.

If you use "pstree" on the jujud process, you should be able to see if it's
downloading LXC images.

Cheers,
Andrew