Hi Joseph,

Here's one way to solve this:

1. Setup up the software manually one time.
2. Once it's set up, dump the database to a file.
3. Put that file in your charm, and use it to automatically load the
database when the db relation is joined.

For an example of this, check out
https://jujucharms.com/u/cabs-team/sugarcrm/trusty/16, specifically the
hooks/database-relation-changed file.