On Mon, 21 Sep 2015, Tom Barber wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I thought this might happen and its quite a large problem so any ideas are
> greatly appreciated.
>
> I redeployed my Hadoop cluster this morning and found that the Spark charm
> has had its version upgraded from 1.3 to 1.4. SQL in 1.4 has a number of
> serious bugs and I need to get 1.3 back, can I deploy a specific charm
> version when bootstrapping my environment?

When you say bootstrapping to you mean deploying the service? Are you using
a bundle to perform this deployment?

Yes, you can specify the revision of any deployment command. Just add a -xx
to the charm url.

So in the case of Spark, the latest revision is currently 3 (if you mean
apache-spark) and can be deployed with:

juju deploy cs:trusty/apache-spark-3

if you wanted a previous revision of the charm you can change that final
number:

juju deploy cs:trusty/apache-spark-1

If you're deploying from a bundle and the revision isn't what you'd like,
you'll have to download the bundle yaml file and edit it to be the charm
url with the revision you'd like to have.

Hope that helps.

--

Rick Harding

Juju UI Engineering