Hello James

I know it is hard to access the instance with only one external IP address.
But I think there is a way to route the traffic to get there right?

Here is my configuration:
The host has a one interface can access external network.
Neutron is in a kvm deployed on the host and has  two virtual network
interfaces:
onr for tunnel-network 10.0.0.x and one for external-network(I want to forward
the traffic from it to outside network).
I am using Legacy with Open vSwitch.(I think it's the juju default config)
my neutron  bridge table:
092c9e99-25bb-4bec-8cfc-8c0af7f9aa79
    Bridge br-data
        Port phy-br-data
            Interface phy-br-data
        Port br-data
            Interface br-data
                type: internal
    Bridge br-tun
        Port "gre-0a00002e"
            Interface "gre-0a00002e"
                type: gre
remote_ip="10.0.0.46"}
        Port "gre-0a000020"
            Interface "gre-0a000020"
                type: gre
remote_ip="10.0.0.32"}
        Port "gre-0a000016"
            Interface "gre-0a000016"
                type: gre
remote_ip="10.0.0.22"}
        Port "gre-0a000027"
            Interface "gre-0a000027"
                type: gre
remote_ip="10.0.0.39"}
        Port "gre-0a00002b"
            Interface "gre-0a00002b"
                type: gre
remote_ip="10.0.0.43"}
        Port "gre-0a000018"
            Interface "gre-0a000018"
                type: gre
remote_ip="10.0.0.24"}
        Port br-tun
            Interface br-tun
                type: internal
        Port "gre-0a00002d"
            Interface "gre-0a00002d"
                type: gre
remote_ip="10.0.0.45"}
        Port patch-int
            Interface patch-int
                type: patch
        Port "gre-0a000023"
            Interface "gre-0a000023"
                type: gre
remote_ip="10.0.0.35"}
        Port "gre-0a00002a"
            Interface "gre-0a00002a"
                type: gre
remote_ip="10.0.0.42"}
    Bridge br-int
        fail_mode: secure
        Port "tap5881c2ce-1a"
            tag: 1
            Interface "tap5881c2ce-1a"
        Port patch-tun
            Interface patch-tun
                type: patch
        Port "tap156e2b2a-aa"
            tag: 2
            Interface "tap156e2b2a-aa"
        Port "tap2228fe49-74"
            tag: 1
            Interface "tap2228fe49-74"
        Port int-br-data
            Interface int-br-data
        Port br-int
            Interface br-int
                type: internal
    Bridge br-ex
        Port br-ex
            Interface br-ex
                type: internal
        Port "em2"
            Interface "em2"
        Port "tapaa55b086-57"
            Interface "tapaa55b086-57"
        Port "eth1"
            Interface "eth1"
    ovs_version: "2.0.2"

em2 is the host external network interface and eth1 is the neutron kvm
interface I
want to do the surgery.
The problem is the br-ex, instances will go through it to access the outside
network.
So how can I route the traffic from br-ex to external network?

Can the kvm and host share the same ip or can the host's ip act as a router to
the kvm?

thank you for help!!!

Yanyang Tao
Student, Integrated Computing PhD Program
Dept of Computer Science, College of EIT, UALR
Tel: +1 501 909‐2599
E-mail:yyoung...@gmail.com