>From what I've read, there's no server-side story to Ubuntu on Windows.
It's purely desktop, and in fact, only installs on desktop versions of
Windows 10.  That could help with tooling for charm authors, but obviously
the charm code itself still needs to run on vanilla Windows.

The main tricky part I see is that the charm code for Windows expects hooks
to be .exe, .ps1, .cmd, or .bat.  You can't have a hook with no extension
on Windows, and on Linux we expect it to be a command with no extension.
That being said, there's nothing that says you can't have both an
'install.ps1' hook file for Windows and an 'install' hook file for Linux in
the same charm.  The code will do the right thing and use the right hook
for each OS.