On 05/03/2016 10:07 PM, James Beedy wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> After reading Dimiter's
> post:
> https://insights.ubuntu.com/2015/11/08/deploying-openstack-on-maas-1-9-with-juju/,
> I have some questions regarding the network implementation.
>
> Can someone please link me to some docs describing the intrinsics of
> what a 'compute-data' network is? What services communicate on the
> 'compute-data' network? How is 'compute-data' network
> recognized/consumed by openstack charms and subsequent openstack services?
>
> Thanks!

Hey James,

The compute-data network is used for guest VM traffic (instances started
by OpenStack) to other guest VMs or to OpenStack services.
If you have a look at the first post in the series, the architecture
diagram shows the different networks OpenStack uses (the ‘data’ network
there is called ‘compute-data’ in later posts, to distinguish it from
the ‘storage-data’ network).

As for how the charms are configured to use those networks, I'm sure
some of the openstack charmers here can give you a more detailed answer.

Cheers,
--
Dimiter Naydenov <dimiter.nayde...@canonical.com>
Juju Core Sapphire team <http://juju.ubuntu.com>