This issue also exists in a different incantation using MAAS provider. I always
figured it was because MAAS not being able to control which interface gets dhcp
response last, and subsequently routes set. With MAAS it always seemed to be
that last one up wins. My solution has been to use not MAAS  provisioned dhcp
on my not Maas-mgmt subnets, and to not set the gateway by means of dhcp on
those subnets. This issue still exists in Juju/MAAS 2.0 series, and would be
nice to find a solid fix for it. I've been trying to motivate the MAAS guys to
give this some love from their end, but now I'm thinking this could be more of
a general fix in Juju .... somewhere that deals with interface selection .....
Possibly a 'primary' flag?