Hi James

I like that functionality and I think it should get its own layer. Not sure
if the basic layer is the right place for this.

I had a similar suggestion a while back, but others have convinced me that
the basic layer should only include the bare minimum needed for the
reactive framework to function (cross platform).

There is no need to pull in that extra weight when you want to use the
reactive framework to drive Puppet, Ansible or whatever cfgmgmt tool you
like. Juju has great tools for both service orchestration and config
management, but I think we should try to keep them seperate so people can
choose to only use Juju for service orchestration layer. I think the
integration with Bigtop is a great example of how Juju can succeed by
leveraging other cfgmgmt tools.

What do you think?

Regards
Merlijn

Op zondag 29 mei 2016 heeft James Beedy <jamesbe...@gmail.com> het volgende
geschreven:
> I feel like the config options exposed through
jujubigdata.utils.DistConfig would be valuable to include in layer-basic.
How do others feel about this?