On 9 August 2016 at 18:32, Matthew Williams <matthew.willi...@canonical.com>
wrote:

> c) Is there some other solution that I've not considered?

Plugins can be used to add the behaviour you need, allowing time for the
core team to catch up. I've already got a blocking action runner that just
needs the juju 1 backport done for example, which we need to make the cli
usable before we use actions in anger on production. Running actions on all
units in a service is a small extension to that. git+ssh://
git.launchpad.net/~stub/+git/juju-act if you are curious.

But yes, I think what you describe is in theory suitable for actions. But
in practice, I think people are not using actions as 'juju run' is more
usable and flexible. https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1445066 is
the original bug report on needing blocking actions. I don't know about one
for running on all units in a service, but I have heard it discussed before.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart.bis...@canonical.com>