Tom,

I think what I'm looking for here is consistency. Even using the lxd provider,
you can't 'juju deploy myapp0 --to lxd:0' and 'juju deploy myapp1 --to lxd:1';
myapp0 and myapp1 will never be able to talk because the live on their
respective host only subnet on each host. I think this would be a great place
to make use of L3 tunnels to get from host to host. Hopefully this is what mark
was hinting at :)