Certainly Brian,

I'll assume you are working from a xenial+ system, I have not tried this on
any release prior to xenial.

$ lxc launch xenial test
$ lxc profile apply test docker

To see what this actually did, let's view the docker profile

$ lxc profile show docker
name: docker
config:
  linux.kernel_modules: overlay, nf_nat
  security.nesting: "true"
devices:
  aadisable:
    path: /sys/module/apparmor/parameters/enabled
    source: /dev/null
    type: disk
  fuse:
    path: /dev/fuse
    type: unix-char

You'll see its tweaked the apparmor profile, added fuse support, enabled
nested security, and allowed some kernel modules. This is where I say it's
mostly functional, as there are some advanced docker features that won't be
available. Some FS options that may not work as well, and more things I
haven't actually dug my hands into.

>From here:

$ lxc exec test  /bin/bash
$ sudo apt install docker.io