Hi folks,

Just a heads up to let you know about some changes made to the ec2
provider, which will show up in Juju 2.0.

We are now pulling down the Price List API (
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/awsaccountbilling/latest/aboutv2/price-changes.html)
and using that to determine which instance types to launch. This means that
you will have access to more instance types now, and we should have more
accurate/up-to-date pricing information, and region availability.

The default constraints for controllers has been modified, so that on ec2
we will now default controller machines to t2.medium, as long as you have a
default VPC in your region, or you specify one by ID (--config vpc-id=...).
We were previously defaulting to m3.medium. The t2.medium instances have a
little more memory, and 2 CPUs instead of 1. They are burstable instances,
so they should suit controllers managing a small-to-medium set of
applications. Controllers are now started with 32GiB root disk, instead of
8GiB as they were before.

As before, you can override the defaults by specifying constraints at
bootstrap time. Also, these changes do not affect non-controller instances.
If you use "add-machine", you will get an m3.medium if your region supports
them.

Cheers,
Andrew