On 2 November 2016 at 18:24, Konstantinos Tsakalozos <
kos.tsakalo...@canonical.com> wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> Yes, I have my own script right now. It is not elegant.
>
> Instead of each one of us maintaining their own scripts, we could have a
> single point of reference. In the Jenkins world I thought that would be a
> plugin, but a script would also work. Is there anyone open sourcing his CI
> <--> juju integration scripts?

It could be much, much more elegant. I've got open issues on getting 'charm
push' to report the revision better (so you can publish or tag), or even
having 'charm push --channel' do what you want. I personally would rather
see this improved so it helps everyone, to the point you don't need a
Jenkins plugin.

An automated system needs to deal with the auth problem, which is
unfortunate (someone typing 'charm login' and entering their SSO password
and a token on a possibly untrusted system, or manufacturing an auth token
and installing it somehow). Snappy has this sorted better, with Launchpad
able to build snaps from a branch and upload them to the snap store on your
behalf.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart.bis...@canonical.com>