On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 11:52 PM Jonathan Proulx <j...@csail.mit.edu> wrote:

> Hi All,

Hi Jon,

> Trying to test out juju on my private OpenStack cloud.
>
> Having trouble bootstraping.

First, sorry. We recognise that the experience for setting up image
metadata is not great. We've got some ideas about improving the validation
tools, and generally simplifying the process. I can't say when that'll get
implemented, but it is on the list.

> I've followed https://jujucharms.com/docs/stable/howto-privatecloud to
> generate image metadata in ~/simplestreams and nomatter how I feed it
> in I get:
>
> ERROR failed to bootstrap model: no image metadata found
>

> I've tried the 'juju bootstrap --metadata-source
> /afs/csail.mit.edu/u/j/jon/simplestreams' suggested by the out put of
> 'juju metadata generate-image'
>
> I've tried uploading to OpenStack object store as described in
> https://jujucharms.com/docs/stable/howto-privatecloud and creating a
> servic eand an endpoitn for it. This may have failed because our
> object store is ceph not swift so semantics might be different.
>
> Also tried copying the simplestreams directory to public webspace and
> specifying:
>
> juju bootstrap tigtest tigtest-CSAIL_Stata --config image-metadata-url=
> https://people.csail.mit.edu/jon/simplestreams

It looks to me that you just need to append "/images" to that URL. I've
just gone ahead and run the same command but with "
https://people.csail.mit.edu/jon/simplestreams/images";.

I just hacked up my client to query as if it were your setup, with a reigon
name of "CSAIL_Stata" and keystone endpoint of "
https://keystone.csail.mit.edu:35358/v3";. With the adjusted
image-metadata-url, my client found the image metadata.

HTH.

Cheers,
Andrew