Hi all,

Is it possible to use a bundle.yaml in conjunction with manually added machines?

$ juju version
2.0.2-xenial-s390x

$ juju status
<< snip >>
Machine  State    DNS          Inst id              Series  AZ
0        started  REDACTED  manual:REDACTED   xenial
1        started  REDACTED  manual:REDACTED   xenial
2        started  REDACTED  manual:REDACTED   xenial
<< snip >>

When I go to deploy a bundle that defines machines 0, 1, and 2 and describes deployment of services to these machines, the charms are deployed, but no units are created.

ERROR cannot deploy bundle: cannot create machine for holding aodh, ceilometer, ceph-mon, ceph-osd, cinder, glance, keystone, mongodb, mysql, neutron-api, neutron-gateway, nova-cloud-controller, nova-compute, openstack-dashboard, rabbitmq-server, swift-proxy and swift-storage-z1 units: cannot add a new machine: use "juju add-machine ssh:[user@]<host>" to provision machines

If I manually deploy charms to the manually added machines, it's happy to oblige.

VANCE MORRIS

Phone:  1-720-349-9450 IBM

1177 S Belt Line Rd
Coppell, TX 75019-4642