Not sure if I'm doing something stupid here or not.

If I do something like:

  config = hookenv.config()
  config['the-crawldb-uri'] = 'test'# s.connection_string()
  print("set value is" +config['the-crawldb-uri'])

in a reactive python charm, I want to be able to access that value in an
action which I seem to fail miserably on, anything config related like:

juju run --unit sparkler/0 "config-get the-crawldb-uri"
or

from charmhelpers.core import hookenv

def main():
    out = hookenv.config('the-crawldb-uri')
    print("uri is "+out)

just returns null. But if I manually set a value in a config block and call
config-get it returns the value, so how do I bridge that gap?

--
Tom Barber
CTO Spicule LTD

http://spicule.co.uk